Avira is an antivirus that protects your devices like, computer or mobile phones from virus and threats. Avira is a family-owned company with headquarters near Lake Constance, in Tettnang, Germany, and additional offices in Munich, Bucharest, Beijing, and Silicon Valley. Avira enables everyone to manage, secure, and improve their digital lives. The Avira antivirus provides security and performance applications for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. Many of the people use Avira antivirus for their systems and phones since it is one trusted antivirus software. This antivirus has a scanner which protects you from all types of malware and spyware. It also has one of the main advantages of providing the users with a toolbar which safeguards your privacy. Along with a reputation advisor, which rates the security of websites in your search results.
Avira Antivirus For PC Avira antivirus is best suited for PCs. Avira is an industry-leading antivirus software which many people trust and use. By using this software you will have a security to your data, protects your privacy, and keeps your PC malware-free. By just installing this software on your computer you can be free of any virus or hackers. The antivirus runs silently in the background automatically, detects and delete virus if any. And is said to be done automatically without your support and need. They are a number of technologies incorporated in Avira antivirus software like Protection Cloud Technology. This just acts as a warning to the users from any virus. It also has a browser extension which is called Avira Browser Safety. Avira Browser Safety is used in blocking infected and phishing websites before they get loaded into your system. Apart from this browser, the Avira can also be available in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera.
Avira Antivirus Free Download
|Name||Avira Free Antivirus 18.104.22.1686|
|Operation System||Windows 10|
|File Size||5.65 MB|
|Last Updated||April 15th, 2019|
Avira Antivirus refers to a range of advanced antivirus systems and internet security software for the Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OSX, OpenBSD, and Solaris computing platforms by Avira. Avira antivirus completely blocks malicious websites, drive-by downloads, and hijack attempts on your web browser. AV-Test, an independent test lab, ran 22 antivirus protection products that are compatible with Windows 10 through two months of continuous testing in March and April of 2019. Avira competes well with the best antivirus software in our review and placed higher than Windows Defender in all AV-Test areas.
Download Avira Antivirus and Install for PC
Step 1: Go to the Avira website (http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus).
Step 2: Now click on Download Now button under Download Avira Free Antivirus 2019. https://www.avira.com/en/free-antivirus-windows
Step 3: Save the exe file on the desktop by click Save in the location of your choice.
Step 4: once it is downloaded double click on the avira_free_antivirus_en.exe
Step 5: Click on the Run button if it appears as security window
Step 6: Click Next on the Avira Free Antivirus welcome window
Step 7: Select Language(default is English) and click Next. Wait till Download is completed.
Step 8: Select Express (Recommended) installation types, check “I accept the End User License Agreement” and click Next
Step 9: You can keep Web protection option or can uncheck those but it is better to have web protection (SearchFree Toolbar) enable. Click Next
Step 10: If you have added Search Free Toolbar option, enable it by clicking Enable at the bottom of the browser. You will see Web Protection, Browser Security, Blocked options are added to the browser. You can enable Pop-up Blocker, Cookie Blocker, etc by enabling from the Browser Security.
Step 11. Close the browser and open Avira Control Center from the Desktop. Here are the final Avira Free Antivirus user interface and you enable Real-Time Protection, Scan system, upgrade, Internet Protection.
The protection provided by Avira AntiVirus Premium
- It protects your computer from spyware, rootkits, worms, adware, and malicious scripts.
- If you go for the paid version it provides protection against phishing scams and drive-by downloads.
- Avira AntiVirus also checks viruses in in sent and received emails.
How Avira Antivirus Protects PC From Malware Virus
The scan for the virus can be done automatically by the Avira antivirus software. If you any stubborn malware infection, you may need to scan for malware from outside your normal Windows system. For this, you need to have a Boot Window in a Safe Mode. So you can run the antivirus from within Safe Mode.
To boot into Safe Mode on Windows 8 or 10, press and hold the Shift key while clicking the “Restart” option and then navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Windows Startup Settings > Restart > Safe Mode. On Windows 7, press the F8 key while your computer is starting and you’ll see a boot options menu that allows you to select “Safe Mode”.
So this is the way in which the Avira Antivirus protects your PC from Malware Virus and keeps your computer or laptop safe to use.
Features of Avira
The key features of Avira antivirus are clearly described here. In brief, the main features are,
- Free protection for your devices.
- Completely trusted by 100 million users.
- It has the capability to block more than 30 million threats daily.
- It has an award-winning virus engine.
- It provides protection against emerging threats in real time.
- Blocks potentially unwanted programs hidden in software bundles.
- Blocks infected and phishing websites before they load.
- License download is completely free.
- Effective antivirus protection – The Avira Antivirus provides a complete safe usage to your devices. It rapidly scans your computer of any malicious programs. And it automatically warns the users about the virus
- AntiRootkit protection – A rootkit is software installed by an attacker in order to obtain root-level access to a computer. And it also masks the ongoing intrusion by hiding its presence from administrators and circumventing normal authentication and authorization procedures. This feature is inbuilt in it.
- AntiPhishing protection – Phishing is one of the “fishy” ways used by hackers to hack your system. And protection again such virus is also provided by the Avira.
- QuickRemoval eliminates viruses – Avira antivirus is inbuilt with Quick Removal of the virus if any. It scans, detects and removes the virus that it finds in our system. With its great scanning technology that can crack open “locked” files and excellent internal security to prevent Antivir’s files from being maliciously altered.