Windows Media Player is a media player as well as a Media Library application which is developed by Microsoft. The media player is mainly developed to use it for playing audio, video and viewing images on your personal computer that will run on any Microsoft Windows operating system as well as on Pocket PC and Windows Mobile-based devices. Basically, the edition of Windows Media Player was released for Classic Mac OS, Mac OS X but developed of these has since been discontinued. Apart from this media player in Windows Media Player is also included with rip music from a copied music to compact disc, burn recordable disc in audio CD format or you can also listen to the data disc with playlists such as MP3 CD, synchronized content with a digital audio player or any other mobile device. Windows Player 11 is available for Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Windows Media Player 12 which has been recently released is the most recent version for Windows Media Player download.
Windows Media Player Features
- Core playback and library functions: Windows Media Player supports playback of audio, video, and pictures, along with fast forward, reverse, file markers and variable playback speed.
- Visualizations: While playing music, Windows Media Player can show visualizations. The current three visualizations are Alchemy, Bars and Waves, “,and Battery
- Format support: The player Includes intrinsic support for Windows Media codecs and also WAV and MP3 media formats. On Windows XP and above with WMP 9 Series and later, the Windows Media Audio Professional codec is included which supports multichannel audio at up to 24-bit 192 kHz resolution.
- Windows Media Player Mobile: Windows Media Player Mobile 10 on Windows Mobile 6.5 supports MP3, ASF, WMA and WMV using WMV or MPEG-4 codes.
- Disc burning, ripping, and playback: Windows Media Player features integrated Audio CD-burning support since version 7 as well as data CD burning support since Windows Media Player 9 Series on Windows XP and later.
- Portable device sync: Windows Media Player allows the user to connect, share and sync data with portable handheld devices and game consoles since version 7.
- Enhanced playback features: Windows Media Player features universal brightness, contrast, saturation and hue adjustments and pixel aspect ratio for supported video formats.
- Shell integration: The player has Windows Explorer shell integration to add files and playlist to the Now Playing pane and other playlists can be controlled from the Windows Explorer shell itself, via right-click menu.
- Extensibility: The player has skinning support since version 7 and includes a color chooser since version 8.
- Online Features: The player integrates web-browsing support to browse online music stores, shop for music and tune to internet radio stations since version 7.
- Media streaming: Previously, Microsoft had released Windows Media Connect for Windows XP to stream media content with its built-in UPnP media server.
- Skin Mode: Windows Media Player also features skins. Currently, Windows Media Player has two default skins: “Corporate”, which was first introduced in version 8, and “Reve,” which first shipped with version 9.
Download and Install Windows Media Player For Windows 10
- Click the Download button to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.